TNT: Market Story Part I and II
TREC Course #40556/40558 | 2 Credit Hours | Cost: $20 | Click Here to Register Online
The online meeting URL and entry instructions will be relayed upon registration confirmation. Course will be held via Zoom videoconference.
November 14 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Course Description: It’s hard to explain the mortgage markets and discuss interest rates when we are unclear on what affects the mortgage market and where mortgage rates come from. This 1-hour CE class will teach you the factors that make up mortgage interest rates and the key reports that move the market.
Class Discussion Points:
- Where do mortgage interest rates come from?
- Find out why mortgage interest rates move with the bond market
- The “BIG 3” reports that move mortgage rates
- The rate movements during times of recession vs. inflation
- Learn what the outlook is for mortgage interest rates moving forward
- The 3 key factors that impact house prices: Supply, Demand, and Affordability
- Discover resources on consumer confidence and local investor activity
- Today’s first-time homebuyer
- How to answer the “housing bubble” question
- Define housing affordability
- To tell the story of where we’re going, you must know where we’ve been
Course Instructor: Matthew Posey, AXIA Home Loans / Provider #10155